High blood pressure is also known as hypertension. It is a serious health problem that can lead to heart attacks, strokes and kidney failure. ideal blood pressure is considered to be around 120/80 mm Hg.
Remedies by Nature:
- Cayenne Pepper- It is probably the fastest way to lower high blood pressure. Cayenne pepper helps in expanding blood vessels and improve blood flow. This effect naturally lowers blood pressure levels by increasing the rate at which blood flows throughout the circulatory system, which in turn takes some of the pressure off arterial walls. Mix one teaspoon of cayenne pepper & two tablespoons of honey with half a cup of lukewarm water; boil them and drink when it is warm.
- Lemon: Every morning on an empty stomach simply drink a cup of warm water with the juice from half a lemon added to it.
- Watermelon Seeds: Grind watermelon seeds & poppy seeds also called as khuskhus in equal quantities. Take 1 tsp of this mixture every morning & evening with an empty stomach.
- Garlic: Garlic is very beneficial for such patients. Eat 1 or 2 crushed garlic cloves daily. In case you don't like eating raw garlic just crush the garlic with your hands & take it with a cup of milk.
- Coconut Water: Coconut water is one of the home remedies for the high blood pressure as it contains as adequate supply of minerals & salts. As potassium content in coconut water plays a vital role in lowering the blood pressure.
- Turmeric: Turmeric can reduce high blood pressure by regulating the activity of angiotensin receptors and thereby preventing the blood vessels from constricting.
- Banana: The patient with high blood pressure can eat banana regularly to control it as bananas are rich in potassium, which lessens the effect of sodium.
So these are some of home remedies a high blood pressure patient can use at home.